Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Team Plot Twists

I am so excited for the What If blog fest! I love fairy tales, so this is right up my alley. I've already read a bunch of great entries, and I know there are more coming. :) A big THANK YOU to Cassie, Morgan, Leigh, and Mark!

They are dividing up the judging as follows:
· Best Plot Twist - Cassie
· Best Love Story - Morgan
· Best Tragedy - Leigh
· Best Comic Relief - Mark

You can click on any of the links above to go sign up!
I've decided to join Team Plot Twists with my new spin on Cinderella.





The shoe was the second thing Ella noticed when she stepped into her house that night. The first was the blood pooling under her father's back. The stiletto, just a few feet away, was the same shade of red.

Her eyes had been drawn to it as she ran to her father's side. She knew right away who it belonged to, even though she'd never seen it before. It was always that way with her and shoes. One look and she knew things about the person who owned them, sometimes more than she wanted to know.

It was how she'd known that woman was pure evil the moment she had stepped into their lives last year in a pair of hideous black and white pumps. Her father hadn't seen it. He'd married her anyway. And now the life was bleeding out of him, and it was all because of her.

Tears seared down her cheeks and her chest burned with anger as she held her father's cold hands.


She would make her pay, somehow. Ella knew she couldn't go to the police with a secret-spilling red high heel. She needed real proof, and it was going to take a lot more than proving that the shoe fit.

29 comments:

  1. Oooooh . . . chilling!!! I love it. Maybe you should do a whole series of modernized, fairy tale retellings! Did I say I love this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I actually would love to do a series of re-tellings! :)

      Delete
  2. So that's how he died. I always wondered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel- I really, really liked this. It was a very fresh, cool new take on this fairy tale. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool take on his death and it totally makes sense! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! You should write the entire book, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh - nice tension. We need a Team Plot Twist/Tragedy/Horror. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE This! OMG, I totally want to know more. And an MC whose super power is knowing stuff about people just by looking at their shoes, Genius!

    I agree with Cassie you should write the rest of the book. You could even call it "If the Shoe Fits."

    Okay, I'm getting carried away. Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rena! I actually do want to write a whole book with this premise. Hopefully it will happen soon. :)

      Delete
  8. I love the psychic shoe connection! Clever intrigue and engaging plot. The last line made me laugh. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now there's a woman who nderstands shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows the importance of shoes more than Cinderella? ;)

      Delete
  10. Oh no. I cannot have hideous black and white pumps. *shivers*

    :P This was really fantastic! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! This is awesome! The last line is completely brilliant! Great entry! Thanks so much for being part of the fest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great! Love how you take the shoe thing in a different direction. I hope she avenges her father.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liked this!!! I want to keep reading your version of the story!

    ReplyDelete